New to the Hetalia fandom?
Getting tired of being called a 'Hetatard?'
Fans of Hetalia calling you the 'reason people hate Hetalia fans?'
All of these and more?
That's why I'm here to help.
This will be a mini guide on how to be a sane Hetalia fan.
1. Don't be obsessive over your OTP (one true pairing) or OTPs. Let's face it. They aren't canon. The only one's that could be called canon is AusHun, ChibitaliaXHoly Rome, and SuFin. The rest are just ones we the fans made and support.
I'm gonna pick on FrUK for a second, so bear with me FrUK shippers. You're the 'biggest' FrUK fan ever. So you're going through your messages and you see the pairing you hate the most - USUK. And you know what makes it worse? It's not even a picture. It's a fan fiction with horrible grammar and spelling (the horror!).
You see this abomination. You comment on it with this - 'FUUUU!!!111!!!FRUK IS CANON!!!!111!!!USUK SUKS!!U SUK!!!!FRUKKK IZ DA LUV!!!!11!!!'
No. Just no. That's no way to try to get someone to like that pairing. Accept that they don't like it and move on. Your pairing isn't the world and acting like this doesn't just make it so that Hetalia fans look bad, but fans of your precious OTP look bad to. You wouldn't want that now would you?
2. War/Nazi/Death/Raping isn't kawii! It's not. Hetalia doesn't make war cute either. Nor is WWII sexy. So is millions of gays, prostitutes, gypsies and jews being killed hot? Hell. No. nyanneko15.deviantart.com/art/…
What if you got raped? Would you laugh it off and be like 'Oh that France~" or "It was sooo smexy~" No. You'd be...you'd probably be fucked. And to those of you who have been raped and gotten back on your feet and got to be successful, I applaud you.
3. Spain/Netherlands isn't a pedophile. France isn't a rapist. Spain isn't going around raping and doing all sorts of things to small children. They don't do that in Spain. It's disgusting that some of you would think that. The same case goes for Netherlands.
In the anime along with the manga do you see France raping any one? The only argument you'd have to stand on is when he tries to take England's shirt off. That's just a dumb stereotype. In France, no one's being publicly fucked on the streets. They - like the rest of the world - have the kindness to do each other (with consent!) in their homes.
4. Hetalia doesn't promote world peace. John Lennon promoted world peace. Hetalia promotes laughing at the part of history that doesn't include death. The one's who make Hetalia dark is the fans. When Hetalia promotes world peace, I'll be richer than Oprah, Bill Gates, and Donald Trump combined.
5. Do research on your OCs. Please. Take a look at my OC New York. You know how much research I busted my ass on doing for her? A lot. And it was worth it. Do research so no one's offended. cat-tom-boy.deviantart.com/art…
6. Things like this aren't funny - ipl0x.deviantart.com/art/APH-T… makes you look like an ignorant asshole. Don't do it. And that goes for any big and tragic historical event.
7. Accept this as an anime and/or manga and move on! The world's not going to end if someone interprets it differently than you. Both the anime and manga leave themselves open to fan interpretation. You - as the fan - can come up with your own head canons. And maybe someone will agree with you. That's perfectly fine. Getting into a fight with someone because their head-canon is different from yours is just immature and makes you look more obsessed with Hetalia than is healthy.
As a side note to this - there is more to this wonderful world than Hetalia. Find other things your interested in! Just don't bring Hetalia into everything/
8. The characters are actual countries. It may be hard to remember, but while your going on about how weak Italy is, people are Italian (like moi) and they also could live there. They could get offended and well...you'd get a virtual ass kick.
Use your country as an example. Would you want someone saying (I'm American so I'll use that) 'America' is full of 'fat, hamburger loving loud mouths that always carry a shot gun.'? No. So don't go bad mouthing an actual country.
9. Hetalia isn't historically accurate (and probably never will be). When in an argument (with someone's who's actually done their research) don't use Hetalia as your source. It makes you look like an idiot who's never heard of a history book. If ever in an argument, check your facts. If you find out you were wrong - swallow your pride and get on with your life.
Google is wonderful. Encyclopedias are factual. Wikipedia is way better than Hetalia. Use them or suffer looking like a giant dunce.
You see, it's simple to be a sane Hetalia fan. Just don't do any of the things above seriously. I'm welcome to ideas to add on to this list.
Rule # 7-8 KitakLaw
Rule #9 LadyKylin
google translate does not equal fluency
and do the world a favour, do not force accents
seriously it sounds horrible and you aren't fooling anyone.
I always sang Hetalia songs around people (to the point to annoy them) and squeal everytime someone mentions a country, really, I am desperate to stop doing that! And you are right about Hetalia not being a source of information. I experienced that, with the existence of Prussia. I told my family of that (they started laughing) and they only believed me when we were watching a documental of WWI (I was amazed and horrorized for that) after that I never told them about facts researched in Hetalia, even when I was right (luckly).
Also, sorry for the long comment. I just wanted to let it all out with someone that finally understand me ^_^' aaaand the grammar mistakes...
I'm a neutral to ANY shipping you throw at me, so even though I would smile at any pairing, I WILL NEVER HAVE A OTP. It causes arguments and I hate internet and real life fights about this stupid topic.
Oh yeah, something about Russia: HE DOES NOT ALWAYS SAY TO BECOME ONE WITH HIM! Just because you see one scene in the anime with him saying that line, it does NOT make him a psycho-rapist. He is also displayed as creepy just because of the purple aura.
This little facade of yours, Hetalia fans, about Russia being a crazy, psycho rapist is the STUPIDEST thing you guys made up. I'm seriously just having problems with authors of fan fictions that display him as a very dangerous human being.
Hey, I roleplay Russia, but as a nice person who just has a very bad past and a twisted personality (which is exactly like me).
So, whoever is still doing this to Russia, you are a horrible fan and you shouldn't even be liking the anime just because of Yaoi, one specific character, or even just because you like the Axis and/or Allies only.
If you love this anime very much, then love ALL the characters. Don't hate anyone, because that just proves you are only a Hetatard.
And I would have to agree on the song suggestion. It may be 16 minutes long, but at least it gets to the point.
And also, why is he portrayed evil in the first place? Was it because of the episodes in which he showed his dark aura...? Cause if that's what the weeaboos are doing then I might just punch them.
Also, just wondering, how many Hetalia fans know that in 1943 (during WW2), Italy too declared war on Germany?
My motto: If you want to learn something, then go find the truth!
Wow thanks for this! I'm new to Hetalia (just discovered it last week).
Btw, I want to ask this question really bad; Is the narration of history details part in the show not accurate? Or that was the only thing accurate in the show?
Just curious, I apologize if it's a stupid question.
Some of it's accurate, but I would Google it. Most of it's just dicking around though.
It's fine. You're new after all.
1. Don't only talk about hetalia. Honestly, people probably don't care if theyre not in the fandom/or thinking of entering the fandom.
2. Don't be possessive over any of the characters. It is a waste of time, energy, and potentially money. You'll never marry them/meet them. The closest thing you'll get is the creator or voice actor. Also, the character wasn't created for you, it was created for anyone to enjoy
That is all, excuse my ranting