New to the Hetalia fandom?
Getting tired of being called a 'Hetatard?'
Fans of Hetalia calling you the 'reason people hate Hetalia fans?'
All of these and more?
That's why I'm here to help.
This will be a mini guide on how to be a sane Hetalia fan.
1. Don't be obsessive over your OTP (one true pairing) or OTPs. Let's face it. They aren't canon. The only one's that could be called canon is AusHun, ChibitaliaXHoly Rome, and SuFin. The rest are just ones we the fans made and support.
I'm gonna pick on FrUK for a second, so bear with me FrUK shippers. You're the 'biggest' FrUK fan ever. So you're going through your messages and you see the pairing you hate the most - USUK. And you know what makes it worse? It's not even a picture. It's a fan fiction with horrible grammar and spelling (the horror!).
You see this abomination. You comment on it with this - 'FUUUU!!!111!!!FRUK IS CANON!!!!111!!!USUK SUKS!!U SUK!!!!FRUKKK IZ DA LUV!!!!11!!!'
No. Just no. That's no way to try to get someone to like that pairing. Accept that they don't like it and move on.
Your pairing isn't the world and acting like this doesn't just make it so that Hetalia fans look bad, but fans of your precious OTP look bad to. You wouldn't want that now would you?
2. War/Nazi/Death/Raping isn't kawii!
It's not. Hetalia doesn't make war cute either. Nor is WWII sexy. So is millions of gays, prostitutes, gypsies and jews being killed hot? Hell. No. nyanneko15.deviantart.com/art/…
What if you got raped? Would you laugh it off and be like 'Oh that France~" or "It was sooo smexy~" No. You'd be...you'd probably be fucked. And to those of you who have been raped and gotten back on your feet and got to be successful, I applaud you.
3. Spain/Netherlands isn't a pedophile. France isn't a rapist. Spain isn't going around raping and doing all sorts of things to small children. They don't do that in Spain. It's disgusting that some of you would think that. The same case goes for Netherlands.
In the anime along with the manga do you see France raping any one? The only argument you'd have to stand on is when he tries to take England's shirt off. That's just a dumb stereotype. In France, no one's being publicly fucked on the streets. They - like the rest of the world - have the kindness to do each other (with consent!) in their homes.
4. Hetalia doesn't promote world peace. John Lennon promoted world peace. Hetalia promotes laughing at the part of history that doesn't include death. The one's who make Hetalia dark is the fans. When Hetalia promotes world peace, I'll be richer than Oprah, Bill Gates, and Donald Trump combined.
5. Do research on your OCs. Please. Take a look at my OC New York. You know how much research I busted my ass on doing for her? A lot. And it was worth it. Do research so no one's offended. cat-tom-boy.deviantart.com/art…
6. Things like this aren't funny - ipl0x.deviantart.com/art/APH-T…
makes you look like an ignorant asshole. Don't do it. And that goes for any big and tragic historical event.
7. Accept this as an anime and/or manga and move on! The world's not going to end if someone interprets it differently than you. Both the anime and manga leave themselves open to fan interpretation. You - as the fan - can come up with your own head canons. And maybe someone will agree with you. That's perfectly fine. Getting into a fight with someone because their head-canon is different from yours is just immature and makes you look more obsessed with Hetalia than is healthy.
As a side note to this - there is
more to this wonderful world than Hetalia. Find other things your interested in! Just don't bring Hetalia into everything/
8. The characters are actual countries. It may be hard to remember, but while your going on about how weak Italy is, people are Italian (like moi) and they also could live there. They could get offended and well...you'd get a virtual ass kick.
Use your country as an example. Would you want someone saying (I'm American so I'll use that) 'America' is full of 'fat, hamburger loving loud mouths that always carry a shot gun.'? No. So don't go bad mouthing an actual country.
9. Hetalia isn't historically accurate (and probably never will be). When in an argument (with someone's who's actually done
their research) don't use Hetalia as your source. It makes you look like an idiot who's never heard of a history book. If ever in an argument, check your facts. If you find out you were wrong - swallow your pride and get on with your life.
Google is wonderful. Encyclopedias are factual. Wikipedia is way better than Hetalia. Use them or suffer looking like a giant dunce.
You see, it's simple to be a sane Hetalia fan. Just don't do any of the things above seriously.
I'm welcome to ideas to add on to this list.